At the National Center for Genome Resources we are dedicated to staying at the forefront of next generation sequencing technology and to developing the best bioinformatics applications available. We always strive to produce the best possible sequencing and analysis results for our collaborators and clients.
The NCGR Sequencing Center operations use the Pacific Biosciences RS and Illumina HiSeq 2000 instruments.
Certified Service Provider (CS-Pro):
NCGR is a CS-Pro for Illumina sequencing and Agilent SureSelect target selection technology.
The Sequencing Center offers sequencing and target (exome) enrichment services providing high-quality results:
- Pacific Biosciences long read sequencing.
- Illumina DNA, RNA, ChIP, small RNA sequencing, and mate-pair (long-insert-paired-end) sequencing.
- Sequencing of Illumina customer-supplied-libraries.
- Sequencing for de novo transcript assembly.
- Agilent SureSelect target enrichment for sequencing customized genomic regions.
The Sequencing Center is tightly integrated with the NCGR Informatics group to bring customers professional analyses:
- Genomic SNP and Small Indel Discovery: Alignment of genomic read data to a genomic reference to predict single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) and indels.
- RNA-Seq Variant and/or Expression Analysis (using Genomic or Transcriptomic references): Alignment of RNA-Seq data to a reference, prediction of SNPs and small indels, and read-count based expression and differential expression reports.
- De novo Transcript Assembly and Annotation: De Bruijn graph based transcript assembly and annotation of protein products.
Our staff was acknowledged by being the first Illumina CS-Pro service provider in North America and the first in the world to break the 20 billion base pair barrier using a single Illumina flowcell. NCGR was awarded the Bio-IT World Best Practices in Basic Research for our schizophrenia studies using NGS for biomedical advancement, and the Computerworld Laureate award for our NGS analysis software. Since then we have had premier journal publications for our NGS and analysis work in research spanning animal and plant agricultural systems to human genetics.